Shorts Family Farm © 2013 All Rights Reserved ... Site design and Admin. By: Englishspecialtyarts
Grass farming Benefits the Environment
1. Grazed grass requires less fossil fuel than feedlot diets.
2. With a equal level of management and inputs an acre of grass will produce as much beef as an acre of a cultivated such as corn or soybeans.
3. Grass sod has deeper roots and year round ground cover that reduces soil and wind erosion.
4. Manure from a grazing animal goes right back to the place the grass came from. Grazing returns 93% of nutrients back to the soil.
5. Grasslands have more flora and fauna diversity.
6. Grassland soils have higher levels of organic matter than tilled soils.
7. Grasses and legumes found in pastures are highly effective at removing excess carbon dioxide from the air and storing it in the soil as carbon, a phenomenon known as “carbon sequestration”.
For more benefits of grass, legumes, and pastures go to www.eatwild.com Another very good source can be found in the May/April 2009 MOTHER EARTH NEWS. The article is titled, “The Amazing Benefits of Grass-Fed Beef”.
|Other Soils Products|
|Beef Sales (1)|
|Beef Sales (2)|
|Beef Sales (3)|
|About Grass-Fed Beef|